2015 - Year in Review
The start as a note/link collection is not wrong. I am also still in the Craft learning phase and to archive for me exciting links around Craft is helpful.
I had a lot of fun with this year's Craft Summit in April 2015. For the second year in a row, Christopher Schmitt put on a top-notch digital event with great guests. Hopefully, it will continue in 2016.
Yesterday, Brandon Kelly of Pixel & Tonic wrote a year in review that I'm happy to summarize here.
The State of Craft: End-of-2015 Edition
Brandon has been very pleased with the ever-growing Craft community and that more and more companies such as Associated Press, Canon, Emily Carr University, Intel, Netflix, Salesforce, and Wired are using the content management system.
- 12,000 Craft CMS installations on public domains
- Well-known companies like Associated Press, Canon, Intel, Netflix, Salesforce, and Wired use Craft CMS
- In May launched the Craft 3 Dev Preview
- Craft Commerce 1.0 and Craft CMS 2.5 were released on 01 December 2015
- Benjamin David and Luke Holder were hired as developers
We’re thrilled with how far our little CMS has come, and we’re excited about what the future holds. But none of this could happen without the amazing Craft community - you folks make this whole thing fun, and for that we are eternally grateful. So thank you for being awesome! - Brandon Kelly
Pixel & Tonic has a lot planned for 2016. The release of Craft CMS 2.6 and Commerce 1.1 is planned. Development on Craft 3 is also to be resumed to release a public beta.